Author Topic: Photo Gallery  (Read 21902 times)

Bill

• Administrator
Re: Photo Gallery
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
I have just added a photo of a rather nice red Giustozzi 37-80 to the gallery. Photo from MikeK.

Fishfeathersmacteeth

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 05:21:16 PM »
...super looking box...
...all the way from Luthermuir..

mikek

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »
 Any information about this box is most welcome. 
All I know is that it  was made in Castelfidardo and I've been told has hand made reeds.Tuned BCC#.
 It is in wonderful condition(inside and outside). It has  a full length air bar which I struggle with.
I was always told to respect my elders but they're getting fewer in numbers.

roymagna

• Shand Morino Owner
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
once you have got used to a full length air bar you will feel lost without it
Roy.
Roy

Andy

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2017, 11:25:12 PM »
once you have got used to a full length air bar you will feel lost without it
Roy.
Looks very nice.

Can say that I don't have a full length air bar and much as I like my Gaelic IVS I do curse the lack of a full length air bar. Only able to play in Ab on the basis that ins and outs are near enough equal so hardly need to use air bar. Can't understand why so many manufacturers made big 80 - 120 bass 3 rows where the bottom end of the big heavy stradella (and additional keys it should allow) lie unused (for me at least) due to the inability to reach the air bar.

Will get round to lengthening the air bar one of these days.

IanK

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2017, 09:27:31 AM »
Mikek

Giustozzi is a very small (and friendly) firm. Maybe if you email them and ask if you can send the photo to them they might be able to tell you when they made it.

Agree that it looks a a really nice box. I think I saw it for sale recently  - is it musette tuned?

Ian

mikek

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »
At the moment,it isn't musette tuned. I was told by an accordion repairer/tuner in Scotland,that it could be changed if some-one wanted it that way.The price for the job being quite reasonable.
I was always told to respect my elders but they're getting fewer in numbers.

Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
Gordon Pattullo has kindly sent me two photos of boxes he has worked on and which were not already in the gallery. One is a very large Borsini 120 bass. The second is a bit of a mystery - it is badged "P Soprani" with what looks like stuck-on letters. While it looks to be a pretty decent Italian-made box, it doesn't look like an actual Paolo Soprani. Does anyone know anything about it? There was a thread on Melodeon.net a while ago about a 2-row 8 bass with exactly the same badging. It was a mystery there as well. I can't find the thread to refer to and compare the photos.