Author Topic: New member  (Read 3247 times)

Derek Lockhart

• Hohner Gaelic IVs
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:30:11 PM »
Hi

I joined the forum recently and thought it would be polite to introduce myself.

I am a complete beginner but have found the information available on this forum invaluable in my quest to learn all about the box and how to play it!

Regards

Derek
Derek

Bill

• Administrator
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:10 PM »
Welcome Derek.

What box do you have, and is anyone helping you learn? There are quite a few button box players in Fife.

Derek Lockhart

• Hohner Gaelic IVs
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:49:43 PM »
Bill

I bought my box at the recent Auction of Jimmy Shand memorabilia, it's a 3 row Supremus from around 1930 not sure if it's 3 or 4 voice as it's documented as both! It does have 80 bass.

As i've only had it a couple of weeks i'm only learning scales myself, my son plays Piano Accordion so i've looked out some of his early tunes!

Derek
Derek

Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
I saw that one in the auction catalogue. I had never heard of that brand before. The auction catalogue photo wasn't clear enough to make out the other writing on the front, below 'Supremus'. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you possibly email a good photo of it for inclusion in the forum Gallery? Send to info@buttonbox.org.uk

Bill

Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »
Derek has provided a photo of the Supremus accordion bought at the auction of Sir Jimmy Shand memorabilia. I've put the photo on the gallery. Turns out the box is in CC#D tuning. Does anyone know anything more about this instrument?

george garside

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »
Does anyone know if Jimmy Shand  used  it for any of his early recordings.  I thought they were all done on a hohner L'organola ??
george