Author Topic: Accordion finger exercises  (Read 2814 times)

Daniel McPhee

Accordion finger exercises
« on: March 31, 2017, 05:28:42 PM »
Does anyone run scales to build strength in the fingers?
I have started recently because I find my fingers , particularly my little pinky tending to stiffen up a touch. I tend to use my three fingers more in recent years and to be hohnest this is not really a good procedure.
Hopefully I can build the strength up and get the pinky moving again by doing half hour scale runs nightly...
Ps a wee story, I used to play dances in the Invergordon Social club and used to chat with George Gunn the Manager at that time..
He told me one of the very first acts he had in the club were the Royal Clansmen.
He remembers " Will Starr coming in the door wearing an old Mac coat , however when he stepped out of the dressing room he was dazzling in the kilt. He said , the funny thing was when I shook hands with him I distinctly remember his hands , they were long fingered and very supple, almost as if he used soft cream on them...
Interesting I thought.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:44:03 PM by Daniel McPhee »

george garside

Re: Accordion finger exercises
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:06:03 PM »
i could do with some soft cream that males the fingers longer!

george

Daniel McPhee

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:31:28 PM »
Just looking back on this post- i have recently started with arpeggio finger exercisss , half hour every night. Helps to keep the fingering correct I think , and strengthen the weakest fingers

mikek

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »
 I  have a touch of arthritis in my fingers on my right hand and have to exercise them a few times a day.
Next monday, I'm attending hospital for a procedure on the knuckle on 2nd finger. Hopefully all will go well
and I'll be able to carry on playing.`

roymagna

• Shand Morino Owner
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »
Good Luck with the op. Keep on playing, you can always find a way around it. I know it an be painful but do not give into it :) ;) Roy.
Roy

mikek

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
 Thanks,Roy.
  If all else fails, they would consider a knuckle replacement. Just hope it doesn't come to that.