Author Topic: Older Boxes  (Read 1031 times)

IanK

Older Boxes
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:18:45 AM »
There is a lot of interest just now on a Melodeon.net thread on B/C and C/C# boxes from the 40s and early 50s.

I wondered who was still playing a B/C/C# from that era?

Also does anyone restore them for fun?

Cheers

Ian

george garside

Re: Older Boxes
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:17:42 AM »
I have a  3 voice ?pre trichord same exactly as 53 in the gallery but deep red/maroon.  It was my first 3 row  around 50 years ago anad I sold it probably 40 years ago when I got a gaelic.  It  came back to me  about 4 years ago and is playable although needing full overhaul ( and maybe sticking on a 32 bass end!)

there s a youtube vd of it playing  in as is condition , one of only poor quality 2 youtubes  have done usng laptop mike and camera .   youtube George Garside accordion should bring it up .  It looks as if I am playing it left handed but it was the way the camera was set up and I didn't know it could be altered.  the other vid ( rght way round) is of the 48 bass casali  whch I am thinking of selling having acquired a very nice gaelic ex Brandon McpPhee

george
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:28:04 AM by george garside »

Fishfeathersmacteeth

Re: Older Boxes
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
...I am playing the Casali 48 Bass portrayed at No. 6 in the Gallery.

...It's a great wee box..for a person who is really a fiddle player...lol...

..I'll never be a "Box Player" but have used it for a few ceilidhs and I can manage some basic marches and waltzes...enough to do the job...
...all the way from Luthermuir..