Author Topic: Where/how did you learn?  (Read 10135 times)

roymagna

• Shand Morino Owner
Re: Where/how did you learn?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
John,  I prefer a full length air bar if possible, but, mine is extended to allow more  effective bellows control when playing in flat keys as well as all other keys. I also prefer a much slower action as this prevents the bellows from collapsing open or shut. It usually takes me a month or two to get used to a new box as each and every one is so different although they may look identical. A combination of sustained bass diligent use of the keyboard and air valve lever will eventually become a part of your playing that you will not even know you are doing it. With hard work and practise you will be there in no time at all. you will then wonder why you worried so much.  Keep asking any question you like there is always someone on the forum who will be only too willing to help or point you in the right direction.
Roy. :) ;) ;D
Roy

TW

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
That says it all Roy!
Hard work and practise (thanks!) is the only answer.

As to the airbar, as I remarked, I find my accordion bellows collapse with just a touch on it......however I'm sure that it is a question of discovering just the right place for the base of the thumb and then learning more successful control....

It is a challenge though, but a welcome one.

shandy

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
If your accordion bellows collapse with a touch of the air bar you need to get the size of the hole reduced.   This will help in the control of the bellows.    It may take more than one go to get the correct balance.
Shandy

TW

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
I think that is something for me to consider for the future Shandy.
However, knowing the recent history of my accordion and of some of those who have played it, I'm inclined not to mess with it...accepting that it is more than likely that my 'touch' currently reflects a desperate, reflex, lunge to find air, rather than careful application!

george garside

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 11:08:20 PM »
for what its worth I prefer a relatively large airhole so the bellows can be swiftly adjusted when necessary- but each to his own of course

george

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal