Author Topic: July 2017 Button Box Course with Robert Nairn & Fergie MacDonald, Skye  (Read 2247 times)

Teign

Hi, Folks
I have enrolled on this 5 day course (link on forum home page), and will be travelling up from Devon, with an overnight stop in Liverpool at a friend's house.  How about sharing transport if you're going too?  I'm happy to drive all the way, and can meet up anywhere along the route.

Bill

• Administrator
Re: July 2017 Button Box Course with Robert Nairn & Fergie MacDonald, Skye
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
Any feedback from any members who were there this year?

mikek

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »
Travelled to Sabhal Mor Ostaig with my pal from Cornwall as company,arriving on the sunday evening. Most of our group
gathered that evening for a wee session which we repeated on wednesday evening.
There were sixteen button box players,of whom nine attended two years ago,when I was last there.
The tunes we learnt and played at the Ceilidh on thursday evening were as follows-

Mairiche nan Cuantan (Sailor of the Seas)----Mrs.MacPhail and Son Iain.(Skippinish)

Oban's Pipes and Drums.-----  Fergie

MacFarlane's Wedding    ------Fergie

Stewart and Sheila's Silver Wedding-----Robert composed this one for his parents

On the friday,our final tune was another of Fergies  'Take the Floor Two Step'.

It was an exhausting but very enjoyable week with Fergie and Robert showing tremendous patience and understanding
and a large dollop of humour thrown in.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:51:32 PM by mikek »

Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:55:38 AM »
Thanks MikeK. Sixteen button box players attending must be a record. When I went there first (2005?) there were only four of us, including Robert Nairn as a 14 y.o. schoolboy. He's come on a bit since then!