Author Topic: Paolo Soprani Elite2  (Read 158 times)

Littlejohn

Paolo Soprani Elite2
« on: September 08, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
Small question to ask the members.  I just purchased a mint Paolo Soprani Elite 2 from a gentleman’s family in Scotland.  In lovely condition with very little use but the family knew very little about it.  I took a risk with the purchase hoping it would be tuned BC but unfortunately it is not.

Is there anywhere I could get it retuned to BC and would it be cost effective.  Would it just mean a new set if reeds?  If not worth it I will simply sell it on as is.  Really sweet looking box in virtually as new condition.  Would love to convert it to BC and keep it if was financially worth it.

Littlejohn

Re: Paolo Soprani Elite2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »
I am in Edinburgh right now with family and have had a chance to get a really good look at this box internally and externally.  The inner bellows, reed blocks and casing have the number 116 stamped on them.  Nothing to indicate the tuning setup.  It is definitely not BC unfortunately.  Looks like today was possibly the first time it was opened since leaving the factory.  Think it may be C#/D.  Family says it was bought from J Forbes, Scotland.

I intend to leave it in Edinburgh for now with my daughter, prior to contacting someone to give me a quote for a retune to BC.  Roulston Accordions, Bellshill is only 20mins away so if cost effective may have it done as it is a really nice mint accordion.  If too expensive I will stick it on Gumtree to move it on as I have three more boxes at home to keep me amused.

Littlejohn

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 05:20:34 PM »
Have now figured out that the Elite 2 is tuned DG so as it is in such mint condition I am having it converted to BC.  With this in mind I will end up next month with a really great set of spare DG reeds for a four voice if anyone is interested.

MikeK

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 07:41:57 PM »
Melodeon.net would be the place to advertise your D/G reeds.

Littlejohn

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Thanks for the link.  Reeds provisionally sold within an hour of making contact.  Once again thank you for your help as the sale of the reeds will help offset the cost of the retuning.  Hope to have a really good BC box with brand new hand made reeds shortly.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 09:43:30 PM by Littlejohn »