Author Topic: Best toy accordion wanted  (Read 600 times)

Poldubh

Best toy accordion wanted
« on: February 21, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »
No. I’m not looking for a Shand Morino.😂
Just want to buy a wee toy button accordion, not from China, for a grandson. Not 2 yet so just for fun really.
But I would like to be able get a tune out of it and perhaps tune/fix it it up a bit.
Anyone done this or have a suggestion.
Thanks

Bill

• Administrator
Re: Best toy accordion wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 05:00:52 PM »
No doubt you’ll have seen the ubiquitous 7 treble key toy accordion widely advertised on eBay, undoubtedly made in China, and many to be sent from there (several weeks shipping time). A better deal, on the same instrument, is on Amazon - better price, shipped from England and available in a few days: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oypla-Childrens-Accordion-Musical-Instrument/dp/B018IJJFE6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Oypla+7+key&qid=1582301830&sr=8-1.
If you’re looking for one not made in China, you might have quite a search.
Another thing you might consider, which might fall into the “needs some work” category - when I was about 5 or 6, my Dad bought a rather beat-up “made in Saxony” 10 key melodeon, like the one in the picture. I was able to get a tune out of it and played it from time to time until it became too leaky. But that might be too big for the age group you’re buying for.
(Mind, when I look at that, it has an awful lot of sharp edges compared with the plastic Chinese one).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:06:50 PM by Bill »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal