Author Topic: Complete beginner  (Read 453 times)

KR8542

Complete beginner
« on: November 26, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »
Hi guys,
I’ve recently decided to learn the Accordion, I’m aware that my instrument is in BCC#; the only experience with instruments I have is that I know how to at least read sheet music.

I have a Hohner Compadre, it’s got 31 buttons on the right hand side, and 12 on the left.

Sorry to be a pain, but is someone able to explain to me what button is for each note, and if possible the best songs to learn for a complete beginner.

Thanks in advance
K

MikeK

Re: Complete beginner
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:35:20 PM »
 Hi,
  A warm welcome to the forum. Hope you will enjoy learning your accordion. The following link will show you the notes on each button.
 All you have to do is copy and paste it.  http://forum.melodeon.net/files/site/Trichord.jpg
 The 1st note on each button is on the push and the other on the pull.  I am not familiar with the Hohner Compadre so the left hand side on the
 chart may not  be the same as yours.
 Regarding the best songs to learn, have a look at the link on the thread preceding yours.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:36:53 PM by MikeK »

Bill

• Administrator
Re: Complete beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »
Here is a Compadre BCC# layout chart from Hohner. The bass side is totally different from the Trichord. On the bass side, an upper case letter denotes a chord, and “moll” means “minor”.
(A magnifying glass might come in handy when reading this chart).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal